F3 Marina brings a high level of professional expertise to the marina management industry for clients throughout the U.S. and internationally. Strong branding, marketing, improved financial performance, exceptional service to boaters and our clients has driven the success of our marina division.
We are intently focused on creating value for our clients and are dedicated to continually improving our company and ourselves by practicing Commitment, Accountability, Respect, & Excellence (C.A.R.E.).
Job Title: Marina Manager
Salary: $42,000-$50,000, annually
Job Start Date: June 1, 2019
Application Closing Date: This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Founders 3 Management Services Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Under the supervision of the Senior VP – Marina Division, the Marina Manager will provide a safe and profitable marina / port operation in accordance with the business plan, reflecting the company C.A.R.E core values, principles, policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and present accountability for meeting goals, objectives and sales targets through planning, directing, managing and overseeing all marina operations.
- Oversee the management of repairs and maintenance of a routine nature and, where reasonably possible, ensure that these works are carried out by marina employees.
- Maintain the highest standards of the site cleanliness, hygiene, presentation and employees’ service in accordance with F3 Marina standards.
- Consistently maintain good public relations and respond to inquiries and issues relating to the Marina/ Harbor from both boaters and general public in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee the promotion of the marina, to include advertising, exhibitions, meetings, press releases, direct mail, agency/media relations, yachting and other special events whilst ensuring that all material presented is well planned and presented.
- In liaison with the financial controller, accountant or book-keeper manage the finances of the marina, preparing and monitoring business plans and overseeing the management accounts, payroll, ordering, stock-taking, cash sales, banking, creditors and debtors, whilst satisfying all statutory fiscal requirements.
- Ensure that the marina is in full compliance with the health and safety legislation, the Company’s health and safety policy and guidelines, and all recognized safe working practices including all other statutory requirements relating to fire, navigation, life-saving, chemicals, lifting, and plant.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in all the marina operations.
- Oversee on-site concessionaires, licensees and tenants, ensuring due performance of their obligations and re-negotiating agreements.
- Ensure to develop and maintain healthy working relationships with the guests and assume the point-of-contact responsibilities as per the marina operations requirements.
- Manage the set-up and implementation of adequate reporting and filing of records system, including a guest-satisfaction system, in order to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Develop and organize documents and reports for the Senior VP - Marina Division and the various marinas Board of Directors as needed.
- Supervise direct reports in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counseling. Provide recommendations for promotions.
- Monitor the performance of the marina’s contractors and suppliers.
- Comply with the guidelines as set out in marina management manual and all other F3Marina policies and procedures.
- Carry out all other duties as may reasonably be required for the smooth running of the marina and when necessary stand-in for the other members of staff to the best of one’s ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or hotel management/engineering from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
- About 8 years of experience in yachting and/or the hospitality sector, with a minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of marina operations; boat lifting, handling, towing, plant, equipment maintenance.
- Familiarity with office administration and basic accounting, book-keeping and cash handling procedures.
- Ability to prepare business plans and monitor through management accounts.
- Proven skills in VHF communication, first-aid and fire-fighting procedures.
- Proficiency in swimming.
- In possession of a valid driving license.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Outings
- Fun Work Environment
Only applicants who we wish to interview will be contacted.