The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Perform all manual packaging duties as required by operating unit
- Operate selected packaging equipment
- Assist or perform setup of selected equipment with guidance from leadership
- Perform line clearances and cleaning
- Perform necessary process checks including but not limited to package checks, hourly audits, etc.
- Perform equipment and facility compliance assessments
- Monitors packaging output, checks product quality and makes adjustment to ensure equipment is operating efficiently
- Performs all necessary SAP/PEPS entries
- Conducts label lot changeovers
- Troubleshoot selected equipment
- Verifies that the line is clean and cleared prior to starting the production order
- Responsible for accuracy of batch related documentation
- Able to gown and work in all unclassified areas
- Demonstrates floor leadership abilities
- Work in a safe manner and report all potential safety issues to leadership in a timely manner
- Perform all tasks in strict compliance with operating procedures, best practices and regulatory requirements
- Dependable - Follows unit / area / plant requirements and guidelines
- Willing to assist other production units in order to meet unit / site goals
- Maintain training at or above 95%
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks in support of the Kalamazoo Site objectives
- Communication and Leadership Expectations
- Consistently displays Own-It behaviors in accordance with Pfizer Core Competencies: Seizes accountability; grows self; change agile; self-awareness; commits to one Pfizer; peer relationships.
- Train and mentor new colleagues and TCW's
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding issues and errors with GMP documentation.
- Responsible for the direction of colleagues and TCW's while leading the work center / production line
- High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus either an Associate’s degree or six months’ work experience (e.g. current or previous Pfizer colleague; Mfg, Pkg or Veterans/Military relevant experience).
- Math and reading skills required for SOP, GMP and Batch Record comprehension.
- Ability to contribute to department success in a team environment and perform tasks at a productive level under demanding conditions is mandatory.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn new and changing responsibilities.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to direct daily activities to meet production schedule.
Basic administrative and/or standardized, semi-skilled work routines; operation of complex technical and/or mechanical tools and equipment. Demonstrated interpersonal leadership and accountability in day-to-day interactions with an operational focus on customer needs and process requirements is required. Considerable demonstrated skills in communicating (oral and written) effectively with diverse individuals/groups; facilitating trust and understanding; and developing, influencing and managing work, employee and customer relationships. Considerable standing, walking, bending, reaching and lifting up to 42 pounds. Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination is required. This position requires the manual packaging of products. The successful candidate must be able to perform manual, repetitive-motion tasks.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: August 16, 2018
- Eligible for Relocation Package