A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
Pfizer Global Supply Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operations in Kalamazoo, MI is a world class facility. The facility includes multiple buildings with capabilities of organic synthesis, fermentation, and bioconversion processes.
The Chemical Operator Assistant will operate a variety of equipment both automatic and manual in a chemical production plant. Follows direction in order to perform daily tasks in a safe and compliant manner. The position offers an opportunity to lead and develop.
- Follows standard operating procedures and batch records to operate both manual and automatic chemical processing equipment
- Duties include material handling (charging and packaging), monitoring and performing chemical reactions, extractions, distillations, crystallizations, filtrations, and drying
- Performs in-process testing
- Maintains positive team atmosphere and productivity
- Maintains Pfizer standards and values for quality, safety and environmental objectives as well as meeting production goals
- Knowledge of basic workplace discipline
- Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Works with close supervision
- Follows specific, detailed instructions
- Willingness to learn automated process control systems such as Honeywell TDC 3000 and Emerson Delta V
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work group
- Daily tasks and deliverables, where results are measured on daily or weekly basis
- High school diploma / general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of work related or military experience
- Considerable standing, bending, reaching, twisting, kneeling, walking, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and moving of containers up to 25 kg.
- Ability to work with computer systems such as Microsoft applications and SAP
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Shift: 3rd (11p – 7:30a)
- Weekend & holiday work may be required
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.