- Packaging Technician Assistant works in a complex integrated computerized manufacturing environment. The individual will ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with applicable safety guidelines, as well as appropriate processing standards, such as FDA’a current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Set-up operates, change-over, maintain, troubleshoot and make some minor repairs on complex packaging equipment.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust processes or packaging equipment to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for completion of batch records and associated documentation.
- Effectively communicate with other line colleagues and support personnel.
- Work in a safe manner and report all potential safety issues to leadership in a timely manner.
- Perform all tasks in strict compliance with operating procedures, best practices and regulatory requirements
- Dependable - Follows unit / area / plant requirements and guidelines
- Maintain training at or above 95%
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks in support of the Kalamazoo Site objectives.
- Sign-off and observe safe work permit.
- Communication and Leadership Expectations.
- Consistently displays Own-It behaviors in accordance with Pfizer Core Competencies: Seizes accountability; grows self; change agile; self-awareness; commits to one Pfizer; peer relationships.
- Train and mentor new colleagues and TCW's.
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding issues and errors with GMP documentation.
- Responsible for the direction of colleagues and TCW's while leading the work center / production line.
- Understands basic problem solving methods (Method 1 training).
- Coordinates with maintenance to complete repairs and develop solutions to equipment issues.
- High school diploma / general education degree (GED) required.
- Associates degree or six months’ work experience (e.g. current or previous Pfizer colleague; Mfg, Pkg or Veterans/Military relevant experience) required.
- Math and reading skills required for SOP, GMP and Batch Record comprehension.
- Ability to contribute to department success in a team environment and perform tasks at a productive level under demanding conditions is mandatory.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn new and changing responsibilities.
- Packaging Technician Assistant works in a complex integrated computerized manufacturing environment.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, reaching and lifting up to 42 pounds. Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination is required.
- This position requires the manual inspection of products. The successful candidate must pass vision tests and must be able to perform manual, repetitive-motion tasks.
- Shift is a second shift position.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Overtime as needed.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
OTHER JOB DETAILS:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 22, 2019
- Additional Location Information: Kalamazoo MI
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus