|Product Manager Intern|
|# of Openings||1|
Master Lock is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products. Since our founding in 1921, we have worked hard to earn and maintain the trust of our customers by delivering on our promise of strength and quality and by continually setting new standards for lock design, application and performance. As the largest global manufacturer and marketer of padlocks, we continue to build our founder’s passion for innovation, quality, and compelling value into our expanding lines of security solutions. The Master Lock Company includes the industry leading Master Lock and Sentry®Safe brands. It is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Therma-Tru Doors, Fiberon Decking and Fypon.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
New Product Development
Assist Product Managers with the development of new products, including line extensions.
Prepare margin analysis, competitive pricing information, and other financial analysis as needed.
Collect and present financial analysis of product lines to identify opportunities to improve margin or recommend SKU rationalization.
Assist with end of life SKU rationalization efforts; phase-out documentation where needed for product life cycle management.
Assist with market research as needed to understand end-user trends and preferences, product line gaps versus competition, and emerging technologies.
Assist with coordinating launch materials under direction of Product Managers and Marketing Services Specialist.
Order product and supplies as needed.
Assist in packing and shipping launch kits.
Assist with “new item” setup data collection to accelerate on-boarding new product to customer websites.
Assist with the development and proofing of product marketing materials and messaging.
Develop video, image and product description content in addition to webtools to facilitate a positive shopping experience.
Update and proof websites for accuracy, facilitating changes with appropriate parties as needed.
* Demonstrates INTEGRITY
* WORKS AS A TEAM
* Takes OWNERSHIP
* ACTION - biased
* Fosters a WINNING spirit
* Action Oriented: Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm – always delivering top quality work.
* Multi-Tasking: Manage multiple incoming priorities effectively.
* Customer Focus: Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
* Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
* Communicate Effectively: Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
* Instill Trust: Gain the confidence and trust of others through honest, integrity and authenticity.
* Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
* Plans and Aligns: Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
* Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing field; minimum sophomore standing (junior standing preferred) at an accredited university.
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
* Year-Round Availability (summer 40 hours/week; school year preferred 20 hours minimum/week depending on class schedule).
* Ability to effectively juggle competing priorities, while managing timelines, in a fast-paced work environment.
* Strong organization and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
* Excellent collaboration and communication (written, verbal, and visual) skills.
* Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
The Master Lock Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Master Lock Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Master Lock must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.