Under general supervision, the Oncology Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining the cancer database including casefinding, case analysis, abstracting, follow-up, data submission, report writing and quality control.
- Performs activities related to case analysis, abstracting and patient follow-up.
- Documents dates of changes in department operations including coding/staging systems.
- Contributes to development of criteria to assess accuracy of data and run reports to assess quality. Assist with system upgrades and data edits for National Cancer Database submissions, investigating and solving quality issues.
- Contributes to statistical/comparison analyses & presentations for approved requests, including: Annual Report; Studies of Quality & Outcomes; ACoS-CoC required CP3R reports for benchmarks & other ad hoc requests.
- Contributes to Cancer Committee meetings, team meetings/in service and CoC on-site consultation and survey activities.
- Help to achieve patient care improvement by contributing to cancer program goals, and monitoring database for compliance with Standards of Care.
- Oversight of coordination and maintenance of CoC required reporting for cancer conferences/tumor boards.
- Help plan training schedule and train new Data Analysts in all aspects of case-finding, case analysis and abstracting, first course of treatment documentation, recurrence treatment documentation, and follow-up. Contribute to ongoing updates and education of team providing further training.
- If required for facility, completion of Patient Survivorship Care Plans.
- Education / Training: Associate degree required
- Completion of associate degree in cancer registry management (CRM) or cancer information management (CIM) from an NCRA-accredited program OR
- Successful completion of an associate degree in a related field plus successful completion of a Certificate in CRM or CIM from an NCRA-accredited program plus two semesters of Human Anatomy and Physiology.
- Work Experience: one year of experience in data entry is required.
- Eligibility to sit for the CTR certification required.
- Certification must be obtained within 2 years from the date of hire.