Job Description & Qualifications
Ford's Global Data, Insight and Analytic Team is a new and rapidly expanding group within Ford Motor Company. The team is positioned to work across all areas in Ford Motor Company (e.g. Purchasing, Product Development, Ford Credit, Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.). The role of the Data Governance is to ensure data quality, data management, data policies and risk management around the handling of data at Ford are followed. The Data Governance analyst will ensure Ford's data is profiled to identify PII and other data attributes for security, understand content and opportunities to improve it with standards. The Data Governance analyst will work with various stakeholders to make recommendations to improve data quality, data standardization and data transformation.
Data usage/data management/data protection including:
- Perform data profiling of sources to assess data quality and work on mitigation strategies and cleansing solutions
- Populate Metadata content and associate terms in the Business Glossary to develop the Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog
- Resolve and escalate data issues in the appropriate forums and work cross functionally to develop solutions
- Collaborate with Data, Analytics and IT teams and guide them on data standards and the use of Informatica tools
- Identify relationships in data to assist in providing insights
- Establish repeatable, sustainable processes to maintain data and metadata
- Understand company and regulatory guidelines regarding data privacy, usage and retention (PII, GDPR, SPII)
- Create and deliver training and communications for new Informatica capability and Data Governance processes
- Automate solutions to enable data protection for inter-related systems data and risks
- Utilizing skills in Informatica Software: Data Quality, Profiling and Data Management tools, SQL and Data discovery techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance or a related technical field
- 6 + years of progressive responsibilities in Data Integration/Data Management
The distance between imagination and .... Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
- Skills in Informatica: Analyzer, MDM, EIC, EDL, EDC, BDM, IDQ, PowerCenter
- Skills in Java, NoSQL, HADOOP, IBM Data Stage/Quality Stage
- Data Management tools, SQL and Data discovery techniques.
- Knowledge of Application Development Lifecycle
- Strong collaboration and communications skills, ability to engage with others
- Ability to work within analytical frameworks in a Big Data environment (Data Lake, EDW, Data Warehouse architectures
- Ability to resolve complex problems and break them down to create and implement an action plan
- Ability to lead data related project activities
- Self-Starter who can work in ambiguous situations and drive to a solution
- Strong organizational skills and ability to advance multiple work streams concurrently
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.