Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that focuses on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
- Be a resource for feature owners and support with the framework, processes and tools for successful program delivery
- Represent feature owners and be a single point of contact between program teams, core engineers and all functional areas to create balanced solutions to competing requirements
- Ensure Stakeholder Buy-in On The Program's Master Feature List
- Roll-up Of Feature Owner Deliverables Checklist For Program Milestone Reviews (Feature Health Assessment Checklist)
- Support Software Delivery for All Features FDJ Through OKTB
- Support feature test plan creation, execution and JIRA issue management at FDJ Breadboard and HIL
- Drive cross-functional and cross-feature issue resolution and define escalation plan
- Help feature and software owners get changes identified, studied by all the right stakeholders and implemented with quality and within program cost/timing needs
- Develop and execute a feature change management process specific to a vehicle program
- Develop and manage a program specific feature signoff plan for and Milestones
- Represent Feature PMT during VE and management evaluation drives to troubleshoot feature issues and identify resolution paths
- Lead Feature PMT AIMs deck and drive cross-function issue resolution
- Contribute to the development and integration of new cross-functional features at the systems engineering level
- Develop high-level network, wiring, and power distribution topologies/schematics/block diagrams
- Contribute to the development of feature specifications, feature Failure Mode Avoidance documentation, feature verification plan, etc.
- Support / Drive cross-functional and cross-feature issue resolution and define escalation plan
- Root cause, analyze issues related to Software, Electrical HW and Mechanical HW
- Analyze vehicle CAN communication data and ECU diagnostics
- Lead VOCF feature evaluation, troubleshooting and issue resolution through the launch phase
- Assist in the allocation of features and functions across electronic modules and subsystems to meet cost, quality and feature performance targets
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree
- 2+ years of experience with automotive systems engineering
- 2+ years of experience with project management
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree
- Ford Design and Release and/or functional PMT experience
- Troubleshooting experience with mechanical, electromechanical and software systems
- Good team work skills and practices
- Ability to manage/resolve urgent launch concerns
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering disciplines for failure mode avoidance
- Experience with CAN communication data and ECU diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to write presentations and communicate well with various groups
- Strong leadership skills, passion for quality, passion to improve customer satisfaction
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.