Job Description & Qualifications
Lead or support the invention and creation of new enabling technologies, features, or systems for use in Ford Motor Company global Connected Vehicle applications for Day One and beyond. The selected candidate will work closely with the Connectivity Lab staff to progress and mature new concepts and ensure delivery of compelling V2X products across vehicle programs.
- Invent, propose, and create new features or products
- Create or direct development of working prototypes to demonstrate the feature/concept or a significant aspect of the design
- Research and scout new enabling technologies for connectivity
- Direct or supervise the activities of suppliers supporting Ford projects and develop relationships with the supply base
- Work with the internal and external partners in advancing standards to enable interoperability
- Develop functional and performance requirements for V2X products
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- 1+ year of experience with Embedded Software development and micro-processor environments for the purpose of developing demonstration prototypes (coursework/internship/co-op allowed)
- 1+ year of experience with wireless broadband, smartphone development and/or associated technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE, V2X, Android/iOS, TCP/UDP/IP) (coursework allowed)
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- 3+ years of experience with Embedded Software development and micro-processor environments for the purpose of developing demonstration prototypes
- Proficiency in micro-processor software development environments (IDEs, debuggers, software revision control, etc.)
- Proficiency in Java, Python, C/C#/C++, Java Scripts
- Proficiency in Operating systems internals and device drivers for Linux and RTOS environments
- Familiarity with automotive networking concepts (CAN/LIN, Diagnostics)
- Electronic hardware design experience for the purpose of developing demonstration prototypes
- Experience in system engineering discipline (requirements management, Interface specifications, functional analysis and allocation, reliability and robustness, etc.)
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.