Job Description & Qualifications
Ford Motor Company is a leading producer of high quality, innovative, fun-to-drive passenger cars and trucks. The Company offers excellent benefits and hundreds of unique and rewarding career paths for over 150,000 employees worldwide. In recent years, the Company has made significant progress towards electrification of its product portfolio, with several products publicly announced and coming to market soon. Far from being a mature industry, electrification and support of the very dynamic High Voltage (HV) charging industry continue to offer the kinds of technical challenges engineers love to work on. Qualified candidates will join a small model-based system engineering team within the Electrified Powertrain organization that is creating state-of-the-art control strategies for products across the globe.
- Build/maintain comprehensive Simulink/State Flow model for verification of electrified vehicle on-plug charging system operation. Scope includes both on-vehicle (BMS/HV/LV/CAN) and off-vehicle (EVSE/grid/cloud) systems
- Develop AC and DC HV charging control strategies and requirements defining on-plug vehicle function and infrastructure interfaces for global markets
- Support requirements decomposition from multiple sources, including vehicle-program cascades, global standards and regulations, lessons-learned, diagnostics, and more
- Support embedded software teams by providing verified system models with supporting documentation (flowcharts, state diagrams, UML Sequences, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- 2+ years of experience with modeling in Matlab or Simulink (coursework allowed)
- 2+ years of experience working with embedded controllers and software, preference given to automotive applications (coursework allowed)
- 4+ years of experience with embedded-controllers and software
- 2+ years working with high-voltage charging systems on vehicle or infrastructure side
- HV Battery Management System knowledge
- Excellent written communications skills with flow charting and basic illustration a plus
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.