Job Description & Qualifications
We are seeking exceptional candidates to join our growing Autonomous Vehicle (AV) business team! AVs are an important part of Ford's future and we're looking for the best and brightest. The role will require critical thinking, problem solving capabilities, and a "get it done" attitude to help make strategic decisions that will enable Ford to be a leader in autonomy, connectivity, mobility, analytics and customer experience.
- Within Ford AV LLC Engineering, work may include but is not limited to:
- Embedded Platform
- Develop capabilities for embedded AV device platforms in C++ (examples may include time synchronization utilities, configuration management strategies, communications frameworks, application frameworks, process management, diagnostics frameworks, geometry libraries, data visualization tools, etc.)
- Work with algorithm development teams to ensure that requirements are understood and achieved by deliverables
- Test, validate, and deploy solutions to embedded devices
- Identify and implement specific metrics to quantify the performance of detection, classification, and tracking algorithms from an autonomous vehicle (AV)
- Work with development engineers to identify data for labeling to generate "ground truth"
- Collect, process, analyze, and visualize AV performance data from simulation and "real world" vehicle scenarios
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Pre/post-process the data for annotation and training pipelines
- Develop and train state of the art deep models for perception
- Familiar with TensorFlow and TensorRT frameworks and OpenCV
- Follow best practices for developing robust software
- Document designs and implementation details
- Effectively communicate through presentations and demonstrations
- Currently enrolled B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or related fields
- 6+ months of core software development coursework, include data types and object-oriented design principles
- 6+ months of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) of coding for projects using C++
- Ability to complete a 3+ month assignment
- GPA 3.0 or higher
The distance between imagination and .... Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
- Currently enrolled M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Experience developing for and deploying to embedded devices
- 6+ months experience with the Bash shell and/or Linux operating system
- GPA 3.4 or higher
- Experienced with version control methods such as git and GitHub
- Familiarity with docker image creation and use
- Familiarity with serialization and communication strategies
- Familiarity with robotics concepts
- Possess strong oral and written language skills
Visa may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.