Job Description & Qualifications
Lead the development and release of digital design data (CAD) representing vehicle body subsystems which are functionally compliant, manufacturing feasible and meet corporate and program targets. Collaboratively create innovative designs with Studio, Craftsmanship, System and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Use Ford digital tools (CATIA V5, TeamCenter, TeamCenter Vis Mockup) to create new, innovative product and system designs
- Use TeamCenter PLM to help integrate system designs
- Work closely with Design and CAE Engineers to verify designs are robust and functionally compliant; proactively devise new solutions to resolve design, assembly, service and manufacturing issues
- Collaborate with part and assembly Manufacturing Engineers to develop manufacturing feasible solutions
- Collaborate with Studio and Craftsmanship Engineers to develop innovative designs
- Apply GD&T to drawings and/or Part Manufacturing Information to help ensure repeatable quality designs
- Help develop digital automation tools that align product definition to design rules, requirements and corporate standards to generate repeatable designs
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience with Automotive CAD Design
- 2+ years of experience with CATIA V5 workbenches
- 5+ years of experience with Automotive CAD Design
- Experience in self-teaching CAD tool functionality through experimentation
- Experience in utilizing CAD and PLM tools to their greatest potential
- Experience in Manufacturing Processes (Injection Molding | Stamping)
- Experience in Injection Mold Design and/or Die Design
- Exposure to CATIA Knowledgeware
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues and effectively communicate to management
- Experience in programming for automation
- Ability to communicate clearly and express new ideas
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.