Job Description & Qualifications
The Customer Interaction & Experience Development (CIED) organization delivers customer experiences and physical/digital interaction guidelines to strengthen customer emotional connections and affinity to Ford branded products.
We are seeking a passionate Experience Development engineer to lead product teams in developing new customer selectable Drive Modes and enhancing existing ones to satisfy the diverse experiential and task based needs of our customers. The engineer will push the boundaries to create cost effective solutions that delight our customers and bring competitive advantage for our business. For more information about existing drive modes in our products, visit and
- Skills in translating customer preferences for drive experiences and 'moments that matter' in to high level use case scenarios and actionable themes
- Interface with UX, design, engineering, and business stakeholders to define and deliver vehicle segment specific engineering roadmaps that add exceptional value to both customer and business
- Lead drill down to operational functional requirements for all affected systems such as engine, powertrain, body, chassis, IP cluster and electrical systems
- Identify and actively manage trade-offs with affected vehicle attributes/systems
- Verify requirements are met at different development phases, lead issue triage, tracking and resolution
- Drive operational efficiencies and best engineering practices
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Automotive Engineering focusing on delivering customer-driven solutions (internship/co-op/other experience allowed)
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. Driver's License
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience in translating customer insights in to product feature requirements, rapid prototyping for in-vehicle experience validation
- Experience working with peers across multiple disciplines
- Experience working in engine, transmission, driveline or chassis systems engineering
- Knowledge of or experience in engine, powertrain or chassis controls development
- Able to manage multiple projects with tight timing constraints
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills and able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.