Job Description & Qualifications
Vehicle Integration Engineer
We are looking for an individual, designer, thinker and strategic leader to guide multidisciplinary cross functional team members to envision, propose designs and develop issue resolution to implement around vehicle programs.
The Ford Product Excellence and Vehicle Integration team is an organization committed to be the voice of the customer during all phases of product development.
As the Voice of the Customer for new Vehicle Programs, you will drive Customer-valued innovation into future Model Year Ford/Lincoln products by influencing every aspect of the design. While representing all vehicle attributes you will touch, influence & optimize every aspect of the vehicle design for our future customers. Your work will create an impact by collaborating across many organization and with key work partners throughout the company - product, marketing, and engineering teams.
Come be a part of the Ford/Lincoln Product Excellence & Vehicle Integration (VI) team and establish the next generation of Ford/Lincoln products around the world!!!
- Be the Voice of the Customer for new SUV Program development team where enthusiast off-road performance is a key attribute.
- Understand Customer-perceived vehicle attribute performance and integrate attribute targets that are well-matched to the Customer and the specific Vehicle Program, given the competitive landscape.
- Champion completion of Vehicle Engineering (VE) deliverables for all Vehicle Program milestones and gateways including senior management drives and reviews.
- Drives could include off-road events in remote locations.
- Represent VE during prototype and pre-production builds.
- Support the Vehicle Engineering Manager in their role as Chief Technical Officer on your particular Program. Lead cross-attribute and cross-functional engineering issue resolution.
- Deliver Vehicle Integration attributes by virtual and physical verification. (Vehicle Integration attributes are those vehicle attributes which cross multiple systems and disciplines.)
- Drive implementation of Vehicle Program content required to achieve customer's needs.
- Lead subjective drive evaluations and Customer-level Issue identification, Champion issue resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree with 3.0 above GPA
- 6+ years of automotive experience including internship and co-op experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience including leading student originzations or sports teams
- 3+ years of experience understanding customer's needs
- 2+ years of Off-Road experience as Off-Road development engineer or personal hobby
- Strong understanding of Customer-perceived Vehicle Attributes - both static and dynamic attributes
- Analytical skills to identify, diagnose and resolve issues
- Highly motivated individual with a drive for results, leadership mentality and a self-starter attitude
- Able to handle multiple tasks and understand how to establish priorities
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills and able to put quickly create presentations to demonstrate main points
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Possession of Valid Current US Driver's License
- Have passion for cars and/or trucks; understand how car and truck systems work.
- A personal passion for off-road vehicles, recreational off-roading, or off-road racing.
- Experience in cross-functional Leadership is highly desired - areas such as Project management and Systems Engineering
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.