Job Description & Qualifications
Ford's Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering (SE&SE) provides technical and regulatory expertise related to product safety, emissions, fuel economy, facility environmental matters and vehicle recycling. SE&SE is made up of four offices:
This opportunity is in VH&C. The Total Roadload Horsepower (TRLHP) Engineer works on global programs to deliver program specific roadloads that support Corporate environmental compliance strategies for vehicle emissions and fuel economy. Responsibilities:
- Automotive Safety Office (ASO)
- Environmental Quality Office (EQO)
- Sustainability and Vehicle Environmental Matters (S&VEM)
- Vehicle Homologation and Compliance (VH&C)
- Support TRLHP milestones for Ford North America (NA) programs and key export markets by developing and publishing approved TRLHP charts.
- Use program definition tools to identify program specific content and buildable combinations.
- Work with Vehicle Energy Management Engineering and Subject Matter Experts to align on data inputs and final roadload values.
- Support senior management reviews and internal governance for roadload chart approval and release.
- Collaborate with regional counterparts to provide roadload charts for export market specific vehicle variants.
- Develop and maintain procedures to document robust processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Environmental Engineering or related engineering degree
- 1+ years of Experience planning and managing complex programs/projects from initiation to completion, including course work.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Able to work effectively under time pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Independent, self- starter. Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and other tools for communication of program status.
- Experience using corporate IT tools including program definition systems, engineering requirements systems, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience working with global teams. Understanding of global regulations and compliance.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence, and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.