Job Description & Qualifications
While others are taking a technology-first approach, Ford AV LLC is putting people first. We are building a self-driving business ecosystem that is purpose-designed from the outset. Ford's AV strategy is different because we are designing, testing and operating an ecosystem today that is fit for the purpose of our AV business model in the future.
Are you passionate about DevOps and working on building solutions that support our Autonomous Vehicle transportation-as-a-service (TaaS) business? Are you motivated to apply your software skills to build the future of technologies that support self-driving vehicles? Our team has been tasked to develop scalable building block platforms based on mobility opportunities. Does it sound exciting? Then, join our team as a DevOps Software Engineer.
Our focus is on delivering solutions that support the development of products within our autonomous vehicle software portfolio. In this environment, our DevOps Software Engineers are expected to work in a collaborative, paired programming environment based on proven Lean/Agile methods. Engineers on the team work with cutting edge DevOps and cloud technologies to enable quality work to be delivered quickly and iteratively.
As a DevOps Software Engineer you are going to:
- Support and develop automation solutions that enables our product teams to build and deploy code quickly
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
- Leverage cloud technology to promote fast resource provisioning and scalability
- Collaborate with teams working on autonomous vehicles software solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineer or related field
- 2+ years of work experience implementing and/or supporting cloud-based platforms in an enterprise environment such as: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, etc.
- 2+ years of experience building and configuring Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
- 5+ years of work experience implementing and/or supporting cloud-based platforms in an enterprise environment such as: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, etc.
- 5+ years of experience building and configuring Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Development experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and build automation systems such as Jenkins, Maven, and Gradle
- Experience building deployment solutions for containers and serverless functions to cloud environments
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions such as CloudFormation, Terraform and/or Azure Resource Manager templates
- Experience using container platforms such as OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Experience with Spring Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Git/GitHub or equivalent source control repositories
- Experience using a centralized logging solution such as Splunk
- Experience with application and resource monitoring solutions such as Dynatrace and AWS CloudWatch
- IT operations and/or infrastructure experience in an enterprise environment
- Familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including:
- Pair/Mob programming
- Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Technical awareness of the development of microservices
- Highly effective in working with other technical experts, Product Managers, Product Owners and business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when solving unexpected problems
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally), backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar backlog management tools such as Jira
- Familiarity with collaborative messaging applications such as Slack
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.