Job Description & Qualifications
- Define best in class aftertreatment systems for gasoline and hybrid vehicles, meeting worldwide regulatory vehicle emission standards
- Define aftertreatment systems to align with program performance objectives and durability requirements
- Establish engineering specifications, component FMEA & DVP, identify and process system trade-offs to align with system boundary conditions
- Create and maintain catalyst prints, engineering specifications, application summary sheets, cost assumptions, etc. for three way catalysts, diesel oxidation catalysts, selective catalytic reduction, and particulate filters
- Lead supplier meetings to improve manufacturing processes for function, cost, weight, and quality. Perform audits of manufacturing facilities: substrate, washcoat, and canning
- Support PMT, Engine Calibration, Exhaust D&R, Finance, Basic Design, and Certification teams with the intent of delivering the program specific design within GPDS timing and cost constraints
- Develop and track hardware and calibration solutions that meet system functional objectives
- Support evaluation of emerging aftertreatment technologies necessary to meet future government emissions regulatory requirements
- Limited travel, mainly in the US, but may extend to international
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- 2+ years of experience in emissions development
- 2+ years of identifying and resolving emissions issues relating to calibration, controls, or exhaust system
- 2+ years of Product Development experience which includes processing and delivering of programs from concept through production
- Ability to analyze, plan, and solve complex system problems as they relate to engines and emissions
- Fundamental understanding of internal combustion engine function
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.