Job Description & Qualifications
Ford Product Development is utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods to deliver breakthrough products and services that will delight our customers. Our employees are laser-focused on bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. From autonomy and electrification, to smart mobility technologies, our Product Development teams around the world are working together with excitement to make smart vehicles for a smart world.
Design and release responsibility for CAN based power distribution boxes (PDB)/high current fuse boxes(HCFB).
- Work with programs to package power distribution components and battery isolation boxes in the vehicle while resolving any interference/assembly issues.
- Develop functional safety compatible PDBs and BIBs.
- Develop design transmittals working in VSEM and developing electrical pin out configurations.
- Program manage full service suppliers in part creation, packaging, vehicle attachments, build support planning, and issue resolution.
- Interface with software engineering for releases and requirements.
- Will be working in a global setting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering concentrations
- 5+ years of experience with automotive or aerospace industry power distribution boxes (PDB)
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering concentrations
- Experience preferred with power electronics and communication protocols (LIN/CAN/ASIC)
- 3+ years of CAN based power distribution boxes (PDB) or similar modules
- Experience with failure mode analysis and root cause determination
- Familiarity with plastic injection molding, automated assembly processes, metal forming and basic mechanical engineering knowledge
- Excellent English skills (Oral, reading, writing and listening)
- Ability to communicate and interact with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office management (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.