Job Description & Qualifications
Connected Vehicle Feature Management Product Designer positions offered by Ford Motor Company (Palo Alto, CA). Define, develop, launch and support connected vehicle features globally. Identify, document, develop and support product requirements, design documents, specification documents, user stories, sequence flows, product development, cross-system quality matrices, application architecture, API definition, and operation instrumentation. Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative user-centered development and delivery. Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints. Guide product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win. Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
- Requires a bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in electronic engineering, computer engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in the position offered or 3 years of experience performing product design.
- 3 years of experience performing Infotainment system integration, validation and verification, automation testing, and debugging of embedded systems and backend applications.
- 2 years of experience performing agile software development.
- 2 years of experience integrating frontend and backend applications, including In-Vehicle User experience, debugging of embedded systems and backend applications.
- 1 year of experience performing systems integration design with web services, cloud architectures, infrastructure and security.
- 1 year of experience calibrating bench setup and testing updated software released by suppliers.
- Experience may be, but need not be, acquired concurrently.