Job ID: 29521
Location: US-MI Durand HR
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for running and performing (but not limited to) the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, molding and all bench operations and inspect.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Conducts periodic inspections of various aspects of the manufacturing process such as, but not limited to assembly, welding, and machine operations.
- Maintains specifications by observing machine operation, detectingmisprints andadjusting controls.
- Ensures that a quality product is created, and matches the required specs.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years' related experience and /or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and schematics
- Ability to use micrometers, dial indicators, calipers etc.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven traits in dependability and initiative.
- Experience in an assembly based manufacturing environment preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Ambulatory ability to walk and stand on a continuous basis; to bend, stoop, and kneel on an intermittent basis; to lift medium weight objects up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to operate a computer keyboard and pointing device.
- Visual acuity to see moving objects, read words, letters and drawings.
- Sufficient auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person, and project voice in a noisy manufacturing environment.