The Ideal Candidate will live on the East Coast
- Assist dealers and customers with the set-up, safety and operations, troubleshooting and repair of crushing and screening equipment world-wide.
- Work as part of a regional team to develop and support Terex market development plans.
- Provide on-site technical support, installation and service for the MPS product line.
- Independently complete assigned projects and field jobs per design, specifications and equipment requirements.
- Create, edit and submit Field Service reports in a timely manner, with proper content.
- Submit weekly time sheets and expenses on time, accurately logging time and costs incurred.
- Escalate equipment quality issues to initiate quality alerts and prevent repeat failures.
- Provide engineering with field performance data and recommended improvements.
- Show commitment to professional ethics and consistently meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers. Acts as a Terex advocate in all situations.
- Manage time, skills and resources to produce maximum volume of work with the least amount of errors.
- Support the Help Desk Technician, as required
- Assist with the development and presentation of training materials.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience of crushing and screening experience
- This position will require a valid driver's license and the ability to pass a Motor Vehicle report
- 2+ years experience in 3 phase wiring
- Valid Passport will be required - There will be extensive travel including overseas
- Solid Electrical aptitude with working knowledge of Mechanical and hydraulic systems and the ability to read and understand schematics and engineering drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, both in-person and over the phone.
- Ability and willingness to make decisions with purpose and a strong sense of urgency to resolve equipment failures promptly.
- Ability to work independently and use available resources to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must interact well with others in a diverse environment and be a team player.
- Strong computer experience required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desired.
- Extensive travel, including overseas, is required.
Location: US-MI Durand HR
Department:Customer and Product Support
Job ID: 31235
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.