Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Resident Project Manager - Marquette, MI
We have a career opportunity for a Resident Project Manager that wants to be a valuable key member of our Michigan Construction Services group. In this client-interfacing position, you will manage assigned projects by executing project plans and overseeing the day-to-day operations.
This position will also supervise and mentor assigned staff, so if you are passionate and looking to lead a team, this may be the perfect role for you!
The Impact You Will Have:
What We Are Looking For:
- You will provide leadership to assigned staff by reviewing work plans and identifying resources needed to perform assignments effectively
- You will support the assigned staff's growth through mentorship and perform annual evaluations
- You will execute project work plans and revisions created in conjunction with Group Manager.
- You will research and develop unit costs for estimating purposes on extra work and monitor budget estimates, scope, and schedule.
- You will establish survey requirements in conjunction with Surveyors
- You will oversee the day-to-day operations, including preparing project progress reports, facilitating project meetings, managing contract negotiations, administering sub-agreements, and reviewing work done by sub-consultants
- You will ensure that resources like vehicles and on-site equipment are appropriately allocated and maintained.
- You will consistently reinforce the Benesch brand or collaboration, quality, innovation, and integrity, driving all aspects of projects to provide superior customer service.
- You will build and maintain relationships with clients, government agencies, and professional societies.
- You will provide solutions to project development and construction obstacles.
- You will be a licensed PE with a BS in civil engineering OR Construction Management.
- You are experienced working with Michigan DOT/ Federal Aid Local Agency and will be well-versed in applicable codes and standards.
- construction experience preferred.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of managing and working on Construction projects.
- You will have basic knowledge of CADD software and will be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- You are punctual, organized, and deadline-driven to provide quality work
- Ability to work under time constraints dealing with numerous concurrent activities
- You like networking, client contact, contractors, and coordination
- Networking and increased participation in professional organizations
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years of experience working directly with MDOT, Municipal and private clients across MI.