|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Mechanical CADD Technician - Power|
|Job Location(s):||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Engineering - CAD Design|
|Title||Mechanical CADD Technician - Power|
|Job Family||CADD Technician|
|Location||USA - MI - Ann Arbor|
|Company||HDR Michigan, Inc.|
|An Affirmative Action Participant EOE M/F/D/V|
|Description||HDR is currently seeking a Mechanical CADD Technician - Power to join our Ann Arbor, MI office.|
This is an entry level position with responsibilities for basic mechanical design of process piping systems for utility, industrial, and institutional power & energy facilities and preparing the mechanical CAD drawings. Candidate will prepare piping diagrams, equipment arrangements, piping isometrics, and other detail drawings required for fabrication and construction under the supervision of a mechanical engineer or senior designer. Piping will be routed in 2D or 3D using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Plant 3D software. Candidate may also be assigned to short term field assignments at client's facilities to support project work. Job also could entail pipe sizing and similar engineering activities under the supervision of an engineer.
Keywords: Mechanical CADD Technician - Power, 120970, Mechanical, Drafter, Designer, CADD
|Requirements||- Associated degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or similar degree required, a Mechanical Engineering degree is a plus. |
- Recent graduate up to 5 years of experience is desired.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD P&ID, Plant 3D, MEP and Navisworks is desired.
- Knowledge of Microstation is a plus.
- Experience with designing piping systems in 3D is preferred.
- The candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, be organized, quality conscious, with attention to meeting project schedules and budgets.
- The position will require travel to attend meetings with clients and to walk-down project sites. Travel is typically less than 10%.
- Ability to work overtime for short periods when needed to meet project schedules or short term field assignments is required.
This position requires a valid driver's license and compliance with HDR's vehicle policy.
This position may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and drug and alcohol testing during the course of your employment based upon HDR's Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.